More and more people are using the poly block hitch as their preferred towing system. This type of hitch is said to be better than the traditional two-point hitch because it distributes the tongue weight more evenly, preventing damage to your vehicle. But are poly block hitches really as good as they claim? In this article, we will explore the pros and cons of the poly block hitch to help you decide if it is the right choice for you.
Are poly block hitches good?
- The main advantage of the poly block hitch is that it distributes tongue weight more evenly than a traditional two-point hitch. This can help to prevent damage to your vehicle’s suspension and tires.
- Another benefit of the poly block hitch is that it is easier to hook up and disconnect than a traditional hitch. This can save you time and hassle when you are getting ready to tow your trailer.
- The poly block hitch is also said to be more stable than a traditional hitch. This means that your trailer will be less likely to sway while you are driving.
- One downside of the poly block hitch is that it can be more expensive than a traditional hitch.
- Another potential drawback of the poly block hitch is that it may not be compatible with all vehicles. You will need to check to see if your vehicle is compatible with this type of hitch before you purchase one.
- Some people may find the poly block hitch to be less durable than a traditional hitch. This means that it could potentially break or bend under heavy use.
No matter what type of hitch you choose, it is important to make sure that it is properly installed and maintained. This will help to ensure that your trailer is safely attached to your vehicle and that you have a smooth and enjoyable experience when you are out on the road.
How do you use a poly block hitch?
Using a poly block hitch is easy. Simply place the hitch onto your vehicle’s receiver and secure it in place. Then, attach your trailer’s coupler to the hitch ball. Once everything is hooked up, you will be ready to tow your trailer.
It is important to note that you should always consult your vehicle’s owner’s manual before attaching a trailer. This will help to ensure that your vehicle can safely tow the weight of your trailer.
When you are not using the hitch, it is important to disconnect it from your vehicle and store it in a safe place. This will help to prolong the life of the hitch and prevent it from being damaged.
Overall, the poly block hitch is a good choice for those who are looking for a more even distribution of tongue weight. It is easy to hook up and disconnect, and it is said to be more stable than traditional hitches. However, there are some potential drawbacks to this type of hitch, including its higher price tag and potential lack of compatibility with some vehicles. Ultimately, the best hitch for you will depend on your specific needs and preferences.