Searching for the Best Towing Fifth Wheel Hitches can be daunting, but we’ve got you covered.
Our guide simplifies the process, providing top picks, expert advice, and crucial information to help you make an informed decision. Dive in and find the perfect hitch for your towing needs!
5 Best Towing Fifth Wheel Hitches
Here are the top 5 options for the Best Towing Fifth Wheel Hitches:
Read on for more reviews…
1. B&W Trailer Hitches Companion Fifth Wheel Hitch
You’ll love the B&W Trailer Hitches Companion Fifth Wheel Hitch (RVK3500) for its smooth, hassle-free towing experience.
Designed for users like you, this hitch boasts a fully articulating head for front-to-back and side-to-side pivoting, making it perfect even on unlevel sites.
With 20,000 lb GTW and 5,000 lb VTW, it’s a powerhouse in towing capacity.
The polyurethane bushings ensure a quiet, rattle-free ride, while the Cam action latching handle makes releasing a breeze.
Proudly made in America and backed by a Limited Lifetime Warranty, the Companion series sets itself apart with its Turnoverball under-bed mounting system compatibility.
This hitch is a top choice for Best Towing Fifth Wheel Hitches, offering seamless functionality and reliability.
- Fully articulating head
- Easy release with Cam action latching handle
- Quiet, rattle-free towing
- Compatible with Turnoverball under-bed mounting system
- Made in America with a Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Two-box setup (RVB3500 and RVC3006) may be cumbersome for some users
2. Reese 30047 16K Fifth Wheel
Experience exceptional towing with the Reese 30047 16K Fifth Wheel Hitch, perfect for those seeking stability and convenience.
Its 16,000 lbs. capacity and 4,000 lbs. pin weight capacity ensure that it can handle heavy loads.
The 6″ side-to-side pivot makes hook-ups on uneven ground a breeze, and the adjustable height (14.5″ to 18″) offers level towing.
The two-jaw locking system and locking jaw handle provide added security, while the wide stance one-piece legs enhance stability.
The Reese 30047 16K Fifth Wheel Hitch is a top contender for Best Towing Fifth Wheel Hitches, combining user-friendly features with top-notch performance.
- High-capacity towing (16,000 lbs)
- 6″ side-to-side pivot for easy hook-ups
- Adjustable height for level towing
- Secure two-jaw locking system
- Wide stance legs for improved stability
- Rail kit sold separately
- May ship in multiple boxes, potentially causing delivery delays
3. ANDERSEN HITCHES | Ultimate Fifth Wheel Connection
Discover the ultimate towing experience with the Andersen Hitches Ultimate Fifth Wheel Connection (3220).
This lightweight, aircraft-grade aluminum hitch weighs only 35 lbs, making it easy for one person to install or remove in less than 5 minutes.
With a 24,000 lbs GTWR and 4,500 lbs tongue weight rating, it delivers top-notch performance.
The three height adjustments (16-3/4″, 17-7/8″, and 19-1/8″) ensure a perfect fit, while the patented remote latch/unlatch cable simplifies hook-ups.
Proudly built in the USA, this hitch offers unparalleled convenience and is backed by a money-back warranty.
The Andersen Hitches Ultimate Fifth Wheel Connection is a top choice for Best Towing Fifth Wheel Hitches, offering incredible convenience and unmatched performance.
- Lightweight, easy one-person installation
- Impressive 24,000 lbs GTWR and 4,500 lbs tongue weight
- Adjustable height for versatile compatibility
- Patented remote latch/unlatch cable for easy hook-ups
- Built in the USA with a money-back warranty
- May require additional accessories depending on your tow vehicle
4. CURT 16116 E16 5th Wheel Hitch with Base Rails
Upgrade your towing experience with the CURT 16116 E16 5th Wheel Hitch, offering a seamless and stable ride.
This 16,000 lbs rated hitch features a dual-pivot head providing 10 degrees of lateral movement for smooth towing.
The auto-lock coupler ensures secure coupling, while the anti-rattle skid plate reduces noise and vibration.
Tested according to SAE J2638 specifications, the E16 hitch ensures safety and compatibility with under-bed 5th wheel brackets (sold separately).
The CURT 16116 E16 5th Wheel Hitch stands out among the Best Towing Fifth Wheel Hitches with its user-friendly features and reliable performance.
- Dual-pivot head for smooth, stable towing
- Auto-lock coupler for easy, secure coupling
- Anti-rattle skid plate for a quiet ride
- 16,000 lbs towing capacity
- Versatile fit with adjustable height positions
- Base rails and brackets are sold separately
- Only available in 16,000-lb. capacity
5. CURT 16320 PowerRide 30K 5th Wheel Hitch
Experience the power and smooth towing capabilities of the CURT 16320 PowerRide 30K 5th Wheel Hitch.
Rated for 30,000 lbs gross trailer weight and 7,500 lbs vertical load, it provides exceptional towing capacity.
The cast yoke and multi-directional head ensure a smooth ride, while the interlocking jaws fully wrap the kingpin.
The self-resetting handle and 3-position indicator simplify coupling, and the one-pin head removal allows easy relocation.
Compatible with industry-standard rail options, this hitch requires no welding or fabrication for installation.
The CURT 16320 PowerRide 30K 5th Wheel Hitch excels among the Best Towing Fifth Wheel Hitches, offering powerful towing capabilities and user-friendly features.
- Impressive 30,000 lbs towing capacity
- Multi-directional tilt for smooth towing
- Self-resetting handle and 3-position indicator for easy coupling
- Easy to relocate with one-pin head removal
- No welding or fabrication is required for the installation
- Rails and under bed mounting brackets are sold separately
Buying Guide: Towing Fifth Wheel Hitches
When it comes to towing, selecting the right fifth-wheel hitch is essential for safety and efficiency. In this comprehensive guide, we will discuss the key factors to consider when choosing the best towing fifth-wheel hitches.
Understand Your Towing Needs
Before purchasing a hitch, it’s important to assess your towing needs. Consider the weight of your trailer and the towing capacity of your truck. Make sure the hitch you select can handle the maximum weight of your trailer.
Hitch Weight Capacity
Fifth-wheel hitches come in various weight capacities, ranging from 16,000 to 30,000 pounds. When choosing a hitch, always select one with a higher weight capacity than your trailer’s Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR).
There are several hitch designs on the market, each with its own set of advantages and disadvantages. Some popular designs include:
– Slider hitches: Ideal for short bed trucks, these hitches allow for more clearance during tight turns.
– Fixed hitches: Suitable for long bed trucks, fixed hitches are easier to install and typically less expensive.
– Pivoting hitches: These hitches offer more flexibility, allowing the hitch head to pivot for smoother towing.
Some hitches require professional installation, while others can be installed by the owner. If you’re comfortable with DIY projects, consider a hitch that’s easy to install and doesn’t require any welding or fabrication.
Compatibility with Your Truck
Make sure the hitch you choose is compatible with your truck’s bed size and existing mounting system. Some hitches are designed for specific truck makes and models, while others are universal.
Fifth-wheel hitches can vary significantly in price, so set a budget and stick to it. Remember that investing in a high-quality hitch can save you money in the long run by preventing damage to your truck and trailer.
Warranty and Customer Support
It’s essential to choose a hitch from a reputable manufacturer that offers a good warranty and reliable customer support.
Before making your final decision, read reviews from other users who have experience with the hitch you’re considering. This can help you get a better idea of the hitch’s performance and ease of use.
Key Features to Look for in a Fifth-Wheel Hitch
Now that we’ve discussed the factors to consider when choosing a hitch, let’s take a look at some key features to look for in a fifth-wheel hitch.
Easy-to-Use Coupling System
A hitch with an easy-to-use coupling system will make attaching and detaching your trailer a breeze. Look for hitches with self-resetting handles and clear coupling indicators.
To ensure a comfortable towing experience, choose a hitch with features that promote a smooth ride, such as a multi-directional head, pivoting hitch head, or anti-rattle skid plate.
The hitch should be made of durable materials like cast steel or aircraft-grade aluminum to ensure long-lasting performance.
A hitch with adjustable height settings will allow you to achieve a level towing setup, improving safety and stability on the road.
Opt for hitches with built-in security features like locking mechanisms and interlocking jaws for added safety and peace of mind.
Tips for Maintaining Your Fifth-Wheel Hitch
To keep your hitch in good working order and extend its lifespan, follow these maintenance tips:
- Regularly inspect the hitch for signs of wear, damage, or corrosion. Address any issues promptly to prevent further damage.
- Keep the hitch clean by removing dirt, debris, and grease buildup. This can help prevent rust and ensure smooth operation.
- Lubricate moving parts, such as the hitch head and locking mechanism, to reduce friction and wear.
- Tighten any loose bolts or fasteners to ensure a secure connection between your truck and trailer.
- If your hitch has a removable head, store it indoors when not in use to protect it from the elements.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Choosing the right fifth-wheel hitch is crucial for safe and efficient towing.
By considering factors like weight capacity, hitch design, installation requirements, compatibility, and price, you can find the perfect hitch for your towing needs. Additionally, look for key features like an easy-to-use coupling system, a smooth ride, sturdy construction, and height adjustment.
Finally, prioritize brands with a reputation for quality and reliability, and maintain your hitch to ensure it serves you well for years to come.
Last update on 2023-10-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API